The mission of St. Mary's Child Care Center is to provide children with care that is child-centered, family-oriented and community based. The teachers and support staff believe that a healthy development of positive self-esteem and a well developed self-concept is most significant in the formative years, 0-6. These essential goals are achieved at SMCCC throughout a loving and nurturing environment with a grand sense of safe exploration. It emphasizes the development of trust, security and autonomy through the utilization of the primary care model. Care for children is inclusive of racial, ethnic, social, economic and family structure diversity.
SMCCC supports and encourages your child's cognitive development. The teacher-developed curriculum relates your child's interests to developmentally appropriate experiences designed for individual and/or group participation. Your child will participate in age-appropriate play, dance, music and movement, drama and creative visual arts.
Who We Are
- St. Mary's Child Care Center opened its doors in 1990.
- We are accredited by the City of Madison.
- Recipient of YoungStar’s highest quality rating.
- Our hours are 6 am - 6 pm, Monday to Friday.
- We are proud to offer 17 teachers, many who have received degrees in Early Childhood Education.
- Our staff turnover rate is low at 6% in 2012 and our average tenure is nine years.
- We follow Wisconsin Model Early Learning Standards.
- Our location is convenient to many downtown Madison amenities including Lake Wingra and Vilas Zoo.
- Drop-in care available. Call 608-255-4880 for more information.