Masters-prepared Social Workers meet with each NICU family to:
- Provide emotional support
- Refer to community resources, including Ronald McDonald House for out of area families
- Coordinate family care conferences
- Coordinate discharge evaluation & planning
- Assist with insurance or other financial concerns
- Offer bereavement support and referral
We provide specialized services to families and are a member of the health care team. There is no extra charge to families or their insurance company for Patient & Family Services. We are located in the hospital and are available Monday through Friday, 8:00am – 4:30pm (main office: 608-258-6561). For emergency issues, nights, weekends, and holidays, we provide on-call services and can be reached through the hospital switchboard at 608-251-6100.